Monday, July 03, 2006

blanked out affections...

Had to chauffer my thoughts down the memory lane for a period spanning from the “once upon a time when me was still a baby…. to the time I cud carry a load of books on my back of less than the teens age”…… the time when I had a privilege to expend a part of my summer hols at my granddad’s place, getting the luxury of being pampered by one and all added with lots of embarrassing attention which I probably don’t get now from any corner though I crave for ……. :(

One such endearing soul was this masseur who gave his customary visits every weekend n has been rendering services since an age-old time. There was nothing professional about him other than his work… he was family…. he fondled me enough giving me the freedom, opportunity and authority to demand his attention for my needs of getting entertained with the lousy games I invented where he had to always loose..... man.... was I such a pain….as always…….. That endearing soul gave himself to my whims and fancies out of his unconditional universal love he had towards everyone….

As education gave me the lessons on ‘manners’ and ‘behavior’ my interactions become very minimal with this man on every visit and reduced to jus a ‘smile n walkaway’ routine…. It reached a stage where those memories got buried in the recycle bin situated in some unknown part of my brain…..

And finally……all this had to be retrieved by a mention of his death which I wasn’t aware that occurred a couple of years ago ….. I don’t even know the last time I exerted a little to think about this person who played his instrument flawlessly in the blemished orchestra of my life…. I don’t even remember his face … jus his features ……the day showed me the dark patches that I have allowed life n time to paint on me…..such an unfaithful abstinence ....
may his soul rest in peace …

2 comments:

Sree said...

I am blank surya!
reminded of this movie my autograph...

"the day showed me the dark patches that I have allowed life n time to paint on me….."! beautiful!

Anonymous said...

well written post. it is true there were many people whom i knew when i was younger. yet when i moved to different places, everything about them went lower than ground zero. when i go back during vacations, without fail, i would see them and again and they say, "we used to do... together" and i couldn't muster up anything more than a sheepish smile. they seem to be holding some threads that i have lost, some attachment i feel towards them, yet we have no interaction. 2 such people i 'knew' died in the past two years and i think even more about them now.